Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Making Plasticville less "Plastic"

As I am looking for some details for my module, I pulled out these classic Plasticville lamp posts.  They have a nice look, but the base has got to go.  I did the major cuts with a bandsaw:
Then cut across with a razor saw:


And finish off with a file.

Much better!

Now, I need to be able to mount them so that they are removable.  
Just needed to snip off a pin head grab the blowtorch, and voila!


The second challenge was adapting a picket fence to a hillside.  Out of the box, the pickets point sideways when you put them on a slope.  The fix was to slice the pickets free from the bottom runner, and slice them partway off the upper runner.
Then bend them into a parallelogram and 
super glue the bottom runner back on.  
The fence pieces got the same "red hot pin" mounts:

The neighborhood just got a little more class:

No comments:

Post a Comment